Being a member of the Grafton Fire Department can be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life. Membership in our organization does require an extensive amount of initial training, continuous education, on-call availability and some personal sacrifice. The steps for joining are:
- Submit an initial interest form here
- The Fire Chief or designee will set up an initial meet-and-greet to explain the needs of the department and our operations.
- If interested in joining, you will receive an application for membership.
- Once the application is returned to the department, there is an initial review and background investigation.
- A follow-up meeting/interview may be conducted with the Fire Chief or designee.
- If selected for membership, you will be enrolled in certification class (if not already certified) and an orientation session will be held.