- Tax Bill Information
Tax Bill Information
Tax Bill Information
The tax bill is comprised of a levy amount set by several taxing authorities. Each taxing authority sets its own tax rate. The Village of Grafton’s Department of Administrative Services is responsible for the collection of taxes and making settlement payments to each taxing authority on specified dates. The taxing authorities on your Village of Grafton tax bill are:
- School Districts (Grafton School District and Cedarburg School District). Your school district portion of your property tax payment is received by the school district where your property is located. The portion of the total levy that was set by the school districts is 50 percent.
- Village of Grafton – 35 percent of your tax payment remains with the Village.
- Milwaukee Area Technical College – 6 percent of your tax payment is settled with MATC.
- Ozaukee County – 9 percent of your tax payment is settled with the County.
Please refer your questions regarding a taxing district’s line item on your bill to the appropriate taxing authority. Please click here to view the tax rates and contact information. Click here Version OptionsTax Bill InformationHeadline to view a property tax bill on-line.
The valuation of the property also plays a key role in calculating the property taxes. Each year the Village of Grafton Assessor mails a Notice of Valuation to all property owners whose values have changed from the previous year. Assessments are based on a property’s value as of January 1.
Tax payments are due as follows:
- January 31 – In full payment or first installment payment (50 percent of the taxes plus special assessments or charges less the lottery credit and 1/3 first dollar credit).
- March 31 – Second installment payment (25 percent of taxes less 1/3 first dollar credit).
- May 31 – Third (Final) installment payment (25 percent of taxes less 1/3 first dollar credit).
The property tax bill has to be mailed no later than the third Monday in December by State of Wisconsin Statutes.
The Village accepts payment by check, cash, money order, cashier’s check, and credit card via the internet ( MuniciPAY) or in person. Please note that payments by credit card will be charged a fee by the third party processor.
Ozaukee County has added a new text and email notification system that will send you an automated notification which will include tax related information such as, a tax bill has been created or a payment has been received for your property. Please click here Version OptionsTax Bill InformationHeadline to subscribe. Please contact Ozaukee County at 262-284-8280 or email@example.com if you have questions regarding this service.
Payment may be mailed to: Village of Grafton, 860 Badger Circle, Grafton, WI 53024. If paying by escrow check please make sure the check is properly endorsed.
What You Get For Your Village Tax Dollars?
Click here for more information about where Village of Grafton tax dollars go.