Arrival This area, now known as Grafton, is one of the oldest in Ozaukee County. In 1838, Timothy Wooden purchased approximately 145 acres of land, which would become the business district of Grafton.
By 1841, development was underway with the area comprised mainly of settlers of German descent. The Village was incorporated in 1896. During the next century, Grafton grew from a predominantly lumber-oriented industry base to a community of many occupations.
The Village of Grafton is located in the heart of Ozaukee County, approximately 20 miles north of Milwaukee. The Village is serviced by Interstate Highway 43.