Disposal of brush is the responsibility of the contractor for all contracted tree trimming. Curbside brush collection is to assist residents with disposal of branches they have trimmed from their trees, it is not intended for entire tree removals.
Brush collection is done on Tuesdays, weekly from April through October.
You must schedule pick-up prior to Monday at 2:30 pm:
You can register on-line: Collection Request
Call Public Works: (262) 375-5325 ext. 150
or email Public Works.
Please state name and address of the pick-up.
The reason you must call before 2:30 pm on Monday is to allow staff sufficient time to prepare the route maps for the crews. We have found that the call in system saves many man hours and fuel costs, as well as reducing workman's compensation claims.
- Be at the curb by 7:00 am on Tuesday
- Be on the grass between the sidewalk and curb
- All butt-ends must face the flow of traffic. (i.e. If your brush was a parked car the cut ends would be in the engine and the bushy part would be in the trunk)
- It is bundled with any type of string or twine
- is larger than six inches in diameter
- It is placed in the street or gutter
Garden waste, leaves, and grass are not chippable materials and must be taken to the yard waste disposal site.
Image of a typical load of woodchips.