The Village of Grafton is pleased to offer an online building permit Portal. The website and program, called SmartGov, allows contractors and homeowners to create an account and apply for building, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, fire protection, and other permits online.
- Click HERE for the Building Permit Portal
- NOTE: Fire alterations and additions over 20 devices require:
(1) Fire Safety Consultants Inc. (FSCI) plan review with inspections and
(2) local Village fire permit application and submittal.
Contact Matthew Karpinski, Assistant Fire Chief/Fire Inspector, at (262) 375-5314 with questions.
- Submitted a permit for Grafton or Saukville in the past? If yes, call 262-375-5305 to receive your one-time Access Code to create a user account to link your past and future permits. If no, complete and submit the Contractor Information Form.
- Online payment of permit fees will available through the Portal following permit approval.
- Inspections can be scheduled by calling our office at 262-375-5305. Online inspection scheduling is not available at this time.
- Questions? Contact us at 262-375-5305. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Schedule of Permit Fees
- Contractor Information Form (fillable PDF)
- Application for Registration in Lieu of Plan Submittal
- Application for Review: Buildings, HVAC, Fire and Components
- Building Compliance Form
- Cautionary Statement
- Electrical Release and Indemnification Form
- Commercial Building, HVAC, Compliance Statement
- Commercial Buildings Energy Worksheet
- Commercial / Industrial Permit to Start Construction
- Commercial Plan Submitter Checklist
- Disproportionality Worksheet
- Energy Codes
- Wisconsin Uniform Building Permit Application